Saturday, August 20, 2016

Strange Days

Pain is real today.

My heart aches for those who are suffering. It pains me to think of shell-shocked people just trying to eke by without hatred trying to ruin their lives. I cringe when I think of miscreant people vying for titles that once held honor. I am stultified to think that my people and culture could ever be once thought as ‘noble.’

I know I’m not in singular company in these thoughts. I am just one of those who accept the reality that there has been a denigration in what I thought ‘American’ was. I am ashamed of what we have become as a society.


Fear-mongering has become trade.
Ignorance has become export.
Violence has become industry.



Still, I sit in my small corner of the world wondering how it will ever end in peaceful resolution and knowing it will not. All I can do is try to understand the pain and let it pass through me in acknowledgment.

All I can do is try to make a better place in my sphere of control.

Here.

Now.

Yes, the pain is real today and a black cloud hovers over my mind in trying to accept that this will not last forever. There will be a time when we do not have to suffer the indigence of the falsified righteousness of barkers as they try to sway our attention from the midway.

One day we will be able to smile at the people trying to entice us into their way of thinking and simply say, “No, thank you anyway,” and move along in peace.  

No comments: