Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Seeing

What is it that you see?

Could it be the heresy that you choose to believe? Do you see the right things at the right time? Do you see through the obstacles? A way around them? Do you sit and ponder a different path in order to circumvent the problem?

I’m not sure what I see anymore. My life is fluid in its monotony. There are things that are changing within me, within my sphere of control, but overall society has not fostered what I am choosing to see.

I see the kindness in humanity through spoken word and prose. I also see the passions that are, from my point of view, somewhat misguided. I see powerful belief and piety. I also see the radical arms of these ideologies and how they can turn the common man into a venomous beast.

There is a median. Often it is tempered with silence and meditation. Often it is overlooked.

To many others red is simply red, blue is simply blue. The variations don’t seem to come up in these speeches and acts. We live in a world that has much variation and color, yet many leaders choose to only see a few of these colors.

Colorblind, they continue to build and collect like-minded individuals. They seize the control of hearts and minds. They are sure that theirs is the only solution. Theirs is the only true path towards resolution of conflict. Theirs is the only road to peace and enlightenment.

The spiderweb is cast and built along many lines. It is anchored from a variety of points. It is held together through tenacious work. Oftentimes, it is in partnership that a cluster of spiders succeeds in capturing larger prey.

For me, the same holds true for ideas. In working together, we can capture and explore larger ideas. We can compare ideals from different cultures and adapt and go forward. We can become better through discussion and understanding.

I see that there is a better way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done. Thank you for sharing.