Monday, August 8, 2016

Love in Sestet

In the summer’s wind and fire and subsequent floods and rain,
I sat with a weather eye and contemplated again.
It wasn’t disharmony nor with hatred or discord,
It was in light remembrance of a day we could afford
The blooming crush most unseen of lakes and sand and wetness.
I still see your smiling face from the shore chilled and breathless.

A hazy aura around reflecting the morning light
Could only be seen as truth, could only be seen as right.
We were there in that moment, not caring about the day.
It could be said of us then, “How now? The couple is gay,
And light and carefree. Ah youth!” Yet, I see the tremors now.
In use of retrospection, I see the ebb of time flow.

It came without warning then, planning to consume us all.
Bargaining was our defense against what held us in thrall.
I could not bear to give up. I chose not to see you die.
I had no other choice then, it was a matter of pride.
It was not about boredom, or the adventurous thoughts,
It was about survival. All could not be lost for naught.

My soul and service for trade is what bought our people life.
Still, I hold the memory hidden as I guide His strife.
Consumption and entropy: His tools for eternity
None, I’ve seen, can withstand Him, He has no fraternity,
Nor equal, nor master, He. His is a hunger constant.
What I do is for Zenn-La, for life, for love now dormant.

I shall not usurp control. I shall continue onward.
My destiny is written. The path will not be altered.
To keep you living in peace was the yoke I chose to bear
Yet here, alone in the stars, watching Him is a nightmare.
His furnaces burn out life burning, stinging and caustic
It only serves Him too well, death for the Power Cosmic.

Fate has shown me a new path. It has led me to power
Beyond what I should have known, beyond what should have flowered.
Its blooms holding worlds within and unknown realities
Without which I could not see how to change His expertise.
I have it now, the Gauntlet, embedded stones now shining.
I am the Master of Worlds, power bends to my pining.

Tethered no longer to Him, I succumb to you once more.
A happy recreation brings you again to the shore.
Shivering, smiling, and pale, I feel your warmth close to me.
Each holds onto the other in serene blissful ecstasy.
I know this is not a dream, my mind now ironclad,
You my Empress, Shaila-Bal, I your humble Norrin Radd.

No comments: