Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Jewel of the Lotus

ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྂ༔


I am more than nothing. I am something beyond the understanding of this earthly realm.

Om Mani Padme Hum

I call upon the bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara, the Lord who gazes down upon the world, to provide the compassion that I need to survive in my flesh.

I ask to purify my ego and pride with the wisdom of the Devas.

I ask to purify my jealousy and lust for mere entertainment withe the compassion of the Asuras.

I ask to purify my passions and desires with a quality and activity of mind, body, and speech of Humans.

I ask to purify my ignorance and prejudice with equanimity of the Animals.

I ask to purify my greed and possessiveness with the bliss of the Pretas.

I ask to purify my aggression and hatred with the quality of compassion needed to survive the realm of Naraka.

Om Mani Padme Hum

My mind is not perfect. My body is not perfect. My speech is not perfect. I ask to be aligned with that of an exalted Buddha.

My intention is altruistic and as clear as a jewel. My path to enlightenment is through  compassion and love. I ask to be reformed and granted wisdom as a lotus pushing through mud in order to be in the light of day.

My path is my own. I ask to have the strength to walk it with indivisible strength and focus.

Om Mani Padme Hum

No comments: