Sunday, September 25, 2016

Rites of Vengeance

Poetry based on keywords from @PoemCrawl.



My demons
Serving a master that is not my own
Crawling through
A dark devotion collecting my soul

Magic held
Moved to hold me fast in hypnotic trance
My soul bound
In movements of a kept secret in blood

September
Wisdom should have led me towards success
October
Ambition brought me to sacrifice though

Cants ringing
Around drawn circles and flickering flame
Held me strong
Bound, a mere thing for the summoning rite

Bone and flesh
Soft white covered in a dark crimson stain
Harsh breathing
Sounding off against ancient words and song

Beastly eyes
Piercing through the veil of what is and was
Gruesome maw
Starving in long-tailed demonic hunger

Heated blood
Born of exsanguination, flame, and blade
Bold hatred
"Vengeance will be mine," quoth I in low breath

Flame rising
Blazing in power, mirroring evil
Darkness moves
Seeping into my mortally frail mind

Tenderness
Cooling my fever, soothing knotted wounds
Lowered chants
A sweet delicacy to strange echoes

Madness reigns!
Nothing left of me I exist to serve
Evil smiles
My humanity in lamentation

No comments: